Invite a member of your parish’s “Respect Life Committee” to a session. In advance, work with the children to create questions to ask this person, such as:
- How is our parish involved in respect life issues?
- What is our parish doing to help end abortion?
- What are some ways fifth graders can help promote a Culture of Life?
Be sure to send a thank-you note to your guest. Also, encourage the children to share with their families what they learned in this session.
Display images showing people of different cultural backgrounds. Have each child select an image to study. Have them write down answers to questions about likenesses and differences between himself or herself and the person selected:
- How are we alike? In what ways am I different?
- What emotion is that person expressing? Have I felt that emotion?
- What emotions do all people have in common?